Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"The American People Stand Mute..."

It's been awhile mes amis. I've actually had to take a break from political commentary on my blog here. I've been frankly too frustrated. I used to get sick of academic hacks in their ivory tower talking to each other about how well controlled the American people are. These days I don't know what to say to them. After the last election, with so much evidence under our noses that this "regime" is dirty (yes, they all are, but not THIS dirty!), is criminal, is a cum stain on the flag of the U.S.A. And what do people do? Well, the polls show some dissatisfaction. But hey, let's get back to shopping, drinking, reality TV and what Paris Hilton is up (or down) to.Excuse me while I grit my teeth down to the nub...

1 comment:

Steve said...

Glad you're back. You can't believe how complacent the public is here. People even recognize what's going on, but feel hopeless about the possibility that regime change at home would result in something better. Not sure where that comes from, other than the level of trading in personal information and images has become so ingrained that nobody feels any sense of privacy or security? Possible. Anyway, I just sit here, like a Jew in pre-war Nazi Germany, waiting for the axe to fall. I know I should be looking at alternatives, but feel too paralyzed to flee, probably because I feel the same sense of overwhelming hopelessness (depression) that seems to afflict the entire nation.

Thank you for posting the video, and for speaking the truth. We need more people who will speak out, or we have no hope of survival as a culture.